London Clancy Assist Smith Williamson
To identify new office premises, negotiate new lease terms and co-ordinate relocation.
Case background and key issues:
Prior to instructing London Clancy to act on their behalf, Smith & Williamson had conducted their own search for premises but had encountered difficulties in the following areas:
• identifying suitably-sized premises
• assessing comparative occupation costs and satisfying Head Office due diligence requirements
• maintaining confidentiality in the market place
• assessing property impacts of changing business requirements staffing levels had increased from 10 to 45 in fours years (and is still rising)
• spending excessive amounts of Directors' time dealing with the project
• managing staff expectations
London Clancy achievements:
• brought confidentiality to the process
• revised and reassessed search criteria, providing detailed schedules to enable comparative
• cost analysis
• co-ordinated and managed other consultants and contractors space planning and building surveys
• organised viewings for Directors and staff at all levels reducing Directors time and
• maintaining staff involvement
• ran negotiations with letting agents on multiple buildings to secure most competitive terms & maintain confidentiality
• ensured client reassessed property objectives to fit business requirements
• briefed solicitors and advised on lease terms
• kept transaction moving on time and within budget knowing when and whom to chase
The result Smith & Williamson successfully acquired 8,000 sq ft of new leasehold offices at Imperial House, Kings Park Road, Southampton in November 2005.
"We were very pleased with the service we received from London Clancy. Chris Ridge managed the project with true professional style, understood our requirements and delivered a very successful project."
London Clancy resolve two outstanding rent reviews relating to Kier's offices at Southern Cross, Basing View.
How London Clancy manage Linde's Basingstoke offices and acquire warehouse premises.
London Clancy assist in the relocation project for VTCT's head office functions.