Strategic Advice for Linde Material Handling (UK) Ltd.
How London Clancy manage Linde's Basingstoke offices and acquire warehouse premises
Case background and key issues:
Linde Material Handling is a German owned manufacturer of fork lift trucks. 80% of the trucks manufactured in the UK are exported for sale abroad. The company employs 2,500 people nationwide and 650 of these are based in Basingstoke. The company is split nationally into eight regions, each operating from large warehouses.
• The Linde Basingstoke site has been producing innovative materials handling equipment for over 50 years and pioneered the development of mechanised logistics at a time when the concept was virtually unknown in the UK. The Basingstoke facility is one of the most modern of its type in Europe, producing electric powered reach trucks, counterbalance trucks and tow tractors.
• Linde needed a local firm of property consultants to manage the Basingstoke offices and to acquire warehouse premises locally, as well as being involved to a certain extent in some of the regional branches of the company.
• Being a manufacturer, Linde's needs required a local firm to carry out property searches to locate the ideal office space, in addition to large warehouse premises.
London Clancy achievements • Linde appointed London Clancy to provide advice in relation to their portfolio of local premises, and this relationship has spanned 15 years. Within the past two years, London Clancy acquired a 70,000 sq ft warehouse for the South East Division of the company, located in Camberley.
• In addition to two or three projects that London Clancy have assisted with in the local area, they have been involved with many property searches, reorganization analyses, disposals and rating and professional work.
• London Clancy have had a certain amount of involvement with the regional branches of the business, most recently the leasing and rent reviews of premises in SW London, Kent and Manchester.
The result London Clancy acquired a further large unit for Linde and continues to provide advice for their South East premises.
"We have had a good relationship with London Clancy over the past 15 years. The communication between us has always been open and honest and therefore we are kept aware of how projects are progressing. London Clancy deals with a number of contacts within our organisation and this works well."
London Clancy assist Smith Williamson to identify new office premises, negotiate new lease terms and co-ordinate relocation.
London Clancy resolve two outstanding rent reviews relating to Kier's offices at Southern Cross, Basing View.
London Clancy assist in the relocation project for VTCT's head office functions.